Thursday, September 3, 2009

Living life, losing life

Today one of my Spelman sisters lost her life. In the blink of an eye, she was gone. I've traveled on that same street. I've passed many fights and arguments. Yet and still, I'm still here. It is crazy to think that throughout my entire college experience, I never had to attend the funeral of one of my Spelman sisters, especially since people die everyday. I never had to mourn the death of one. Today, my Spelman sisters are mourning the death of Jasmine Lynn. Gun violence is attacking the Atlanta University Center. Gun violence has affected me three times over in one week--Chicago, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. When will the violence stop? What is the lesson? What can we do? How can we help? ...peace is the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment