Friday, August 28, 2009

Social Change


Today I sat in a health clinic for people with limited or no health insurance. I have health insurance through my school, but they have no walk-in clinic. I needed to get a physical & TB exam for my job TODAY. Where would I have been without the Mile Square Health Center?! Definitely wouldn't have been able to start work next week. 
As I sat in the clinic, I read Afeisha's twitter message of a girl who watched her walk to work everyday. The girl sent her aunt to ask Afeisha what college she attended. SPELMAN COLLEGE. Afeisha is a social worker in training and helped to change the world by walking to work everyday....that's power. Now, the girl wants to work in the court system & attend Spelman, just like Afeisha. This story renewed my hope in the human race & ability to make things better. 
Lesson: People are watching. Be awesome everyday. 

Sidenote: Jay-Z on Bill Maher tonight...HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment